We are seeking a Tax Accountant to join our team at a growing Public Accounting firm in the Northern Suburbs. We are looking for Tax Accountants with 3 to 7 years of recent public accounting, tax filing, and service experience. A customer-centric approach with the ability to communicate professionally through excellent interpersonal skills will help you succeed and grow your career at our firm.
The Tax Accountant serves the needs of clients and businesses by providing quality tax preparation, consulting, planning, compliance, accounting, and other advisor/financial services including:
- Prepare and file individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns at the federal, state, and municipal levels.
- Research and correct process errors in tax returns.
- Analyze financial data and make strategic tax recommendations that align with business objectives.
- Advise clients on tax planning and savings.
- Respond to notices from tax authorities.
- Review client’s financial status by examining balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other accounting data.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and represent clients on federal, state, and local tax matters.
- Keep current with tax law changes and related compliance matters.
- Provide support and backup to the Audit team, as necessary
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients through ongoing communication and best-in-class service.
- Maintain a system of quality control (policies, procedures) for the practice, and monitor compliance with those internal controls.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with CPA certification or CPA candidate
- Master’s Degree in Taxation, a plus
- 3 to 7 years of recent public accounting, tax filing and services experience, audit and assurance a plus
- Thorough knowledge of current tax law, accounting, and financial procedures, including GAAP and OCBOA
- Experience using CRM for timekeeping, Practice CS preferred
- Highly proficient in business and accounting software, ProSystem fx, QuickBooks, and QuickBooks Online preferred
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite, basic Excel skills required
- Interpret technical forms and financial reports
- Experience with multi-client and multi-state entities, a plus
- Customer-centric approach with the ability to communicate professionally through excellent interpersonal skills
- Research-oriented problem solver able to recommend viable solutions
- Detail-oriented and accurate with a commitment to excellence, integrity, and confidentiality
- Exceptional strategic planning and analytical skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Dependable and flexible with the ability to work on additional assignments as needed
- Project management experience with the ability to take responsibility for a project from inception to completion
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment with interruptions, competing priorities, and strict deadlines
- Other duties and responsibilities consistent with operational goals and as needed
1st of the month following 30 days from hire for full-time employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org